Makeup lovers rejoice! The Sephora VIB sale is almost here and I’m super excited. We all know makeup and fragrance hardly ever go on sale, so this is a big deal. Plus, there are a ton of holiday sets, so it’s the perfect time to start getting Christmas presents (or for spoiling yourself, no judgment here).
My birthday is also this month, so I’m definitely feeling like I deserve a little something too. So I have my picks here for the best of the Sephora VIB sale. I’m going to break this up into a few different categories, so I can cover things that I’ve tried and highly recommend, new things that I’m excited about, and also gift ideas.
sephora vib sale picks: tried-and-true favorites
- I had to start off my list with this Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick. You guys saw it in action in this flawless foundation tutorial, and it’s so good. I don’t wear full coverage foundation often, but this is perfect for special occasions. It covers beautifully, and blends in so easily. Plus, it comes in a wide range of shades.
- I have a few First Aid Beauty products in this post because this brand just gets it right. This Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration is perfect for the colder months. I’ve used it on my face (back when I lived in NYC), and now I can use it on my body when I need extra hydration. You won’t regret this purchase, because, who doesn’t need lotion??
- Now, this First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay has my heart. I said a few weeks ago that I wasn’t purchasing any new skincare until I used up all of my samples, but I just might have to grab this at the Sephora VIB sale. This is probably the best deep cleanser for my combination skin. It gets rid of dirt and makeup but it’s not super drying. I have some of my other favorite cleansers in this post.
- I mentioned the Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Seduction in my September Favorites post, and it’s such a pretty highlighter. So when I saw that all for of her face illuminators are available in the Fall In Love Face Illuminator Collection, I had to put it on my list. These highlighters have such a pretty sheen that’s not too frosty or gritty. Perfect for everyday, or they can be built up for more impact.
- I got a Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver’s Seat in this month’s Play by Sephora box, and now I finally understand why people rave about it so much. The formula glides on the lips and stays put. Seriously, this will last all damn day, but it’s actually comfortable. It’s not super drying and doesn’t make my lips look all wrinkled like some liquid lipsticks can. If you like mate liquid lipsticks, definitely check this out.
- I couldn’t have a list without including something from NARS. Of all the foundations, tinted moisturizers, and bb creams that I’ve tried, the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is definitely one of my favorites. It just works. It has a lightweight texture and blends in easily. There’s a range of colors, too. If you’re looking for a light to medium foundation for everyday, check this out. Unless you have very oily skin, this is a great option.
sephora vib sale picks: exciting new products
- I recently tried the Giorgio Armani Beauty Lip Maestro* and was very impressed, so when I heard about the Lip Magnet Liquid Lipstick, I was even more intrigued. After reading this review, I’m convinced this could be an amazing liquid lipstick (as if I needed more).
- So, people on IG have been going crazy over the Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks. I haven’t given into the hype (yet), but the Lip Contour Set looks like a cute way to test them out.
- I have a couple of setting powders, but I don’t always LOVE them for under my eyes. I remember hearing good things about the Besame Cosmetics one, and this Brightening Face Powder Trio Set looks amazing.
- This Natasha Denona Star Eyeshadow Palette is a major splurge ($160!). But, damn it’s gorgeous. I’ve heard nothing but good things about her eyeshadows, and all these frosty jewel tones are calling my name. It’s gonna be a game time decision on whether I’m going to pull the trigger on this one. My wallet’s telling me no, but my eyes are telling me yes!
- I’m really hoping the Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder is a better version of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. It’s supposed to set your makeup but still leave a glowing, soft-focus finish. Sold.
- I love Sunday Riley products. I’ve been using a little sample of the Luna oil for a while now and really like it. The U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil is supposed to help with acne, congested pores AND fine lines and wrinkles. Basically, everyone over 30 needs this. *Clicks “add to cart”*
sephora vib sale picks: gift ideas
- Another First Aid Beauty product, but hey, these products are amazing. The Winter Skin Savers kit has two moisturizers and two lip balms. You can give both sets away or keep one for yourself. I won’t tell.
- This Elizabeth and James Find Your Nirvana Rollerball Set is a really good gift for anyone who travels or loves fragrance. I have the Nirvana Black rollerball, and love to keep it in my bag to freshen up my scent. The four scents are Nirvana Black, Nirvana White, Nirvana Rose and Nirvana Bourbon, so there should be at lease one that will do the trick.
- Kate Somerville is another one of my go-to skincare lines. This Cult Favorites Kit has the cleanser that I mentioned in this post, plus another exfoliator and a moisturizer.
- Stila always has cute holiday sets, and the Naturally Nude Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set is a no-brainer type of gift. The Stila liquid lipsticks are very comfortable on the lips, and you can’t really go wrong with nude lipstick.
- This Sunday Riley #SquadGoals Skincare Essentials Kit is such a good deal! You get to try out all of her best products for under $100. I may or may not be getting one for myself.
- Last, the L’Occitane hand creams are some of my favorites. I like to keep one in my bag and one at work because they’re moisturizing but not greasy. This cute little Hand Cream Delights set is around $20 so it’s a really nice co-worker or Secret Santa gift too.
I hope I gave you guys some good ideas on what to get at the Sephora VIB sale! Please report back with what you end up buying.
Here are the details: