June’s favorites in beauty were pretty easy for me to roundup because I did so much traveling in June. I went to New York and Costa Rica, and I also squeezed in a quick trip to L.A. last weekend. Traveling forces you to really analyze what you love because you can only fit so much into a carryon bag. These were the items that I just had to have with me and that I reached for constantly.
1. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz. My oh my, this is gorgeous! I saw this in action watching Jackie Aina’s YouTube (this video) and it looked so beautiful on her. When I swatched this in store, I knew that I had to have it. I have been mixing this with my base daily and it provides the most beautiful glow. It mixes flawlessly with foundation and does not cause it to break apart or separate at all. It really creates that “glowing from within” look and I am so happy that I bought this product. I don’t live in a humid climate, so I cover my whole face in this, but if you live in a humid climate or have oily skin, I wouldn’t recommend that route. Instead, you could just tap this on your cheekbones in place of a powder highlighter. No matter how you use this, it is stunning and absolutely perfect for that summer glow (check out my latest YouTube video on another way to get that glow). Topaz is the perfect shade for medium to dark skin tones, but this comes in four other colors, so no matter your skin tone, you’ll be able to find something that works.
2. L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Gleam. I LOVE this color. It’s gold and metallic in the best possible way. There’s enough of a nude/brown to it that it’s pretty natural on me and it’s a perfect summery twist on a classic nude lipgloss. You can see it in action on my latest YouTube video. This is also super affordable and comes in a ton of colors, too.
3. Revlon Color Burst Lacquer Balm in Flirtatious Charmeuse. I love this moisturizing, pigmented and glossy lip balm. It’s super easy to apply and has a twist up pencil so there’s no need to worry about sharpening. I reach for this whenever I want to add some color to my face and don’t feel like fussing with lipstick. The fact that it’s super cheap adds to the appeal.
4. OPI Nail Polish in You’re So Vain-illa. I mentioned this a while ago in a nude polish roundup (here), and I still really like this. On my skintone, it’s the perfect creamy beige nude. It definitely has a yellow undertone, which makes it stand out from the typical pinky/peach nude nail polishes.
5. Jouer blush in Peach Bouquet. I got this a couple of months ago in the Jouer Le Matchbox subscription box, and I’ve been using it a lot as a counter point to all of the shimmery products that I’ve been using lately. Since I’ve been doing the glowy skin and glossy lip thing, I didn’t want to go overboard with a shimmery blush too. This blush is matte but it has a luminous finish so you end up with the most natural, fresh look. I really love the formula and the color provides a perfect natural flush for me. Blush is probably the product that I purchase the least, but I’ll definitely look to Jouer next time I’m in the market for a new blush.
6. Kevyn Aucoin The Lipgloss in Neottiana. A couple of weeks ago I decided that I needed a nude lipgloss. I definitely wanted something opaque and sort of pink but still nude. This seemed easy, but I really couldn’t find anything. Everything was either too brown or too baby pink. I had basically given up when I was at the Kevyn Aucoin counter in Neiman Marcus last week just passing the time waiting for my mom. Then I spotted Neottiana and I just had to have it. It’s so glossy and creamy and just the right mix of pink and brown. I’ve worn this every day since I got it and foresee this being a staple.
7. Bite Beauty Custom Lipstick. When I was in New York, I went to the Bite Beauty Lab and got a custom lipstick that is the most perfect semi-sheer orange shade. It’s comfortable and surprisingly wearable. I’ll share more about my little field trip to Bite Beauty in an upcoming post, but just know that I’m so happy that I visited!
What were your favorites last month?
Shop the post below:
Like what you see?
Like beautyluxelife on Facebook here.
Follow along on Bloglovin’ here.