It’s time for another installment of my monthly favorites, where I showcase the best makeup and skincare products for the month!
1. OPI Nail Polish in You’re So Vain-illa. I’ve mentioned this in a nude nail polish roundup a few months ago (here) and again last month in my June Favorites post. Clearly it’s one of my favorite nail polishes ever because it’s just the perfect off white color that manages to be very bright and elegant, but still understated. Sometimes a true white polish can appear too stark against darker skin tones, so I love how this color is a bit more subtle. I absolutely love the formula and the fact that it’s opaque in two coats.
2. Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara in Blackest Black. I bought this in New York because I forgot to pack mascara with me. I’m so glad that I purchased this because the brush is amazing. It’s really great at grabbing each lash and depositing product without adding clumps. This really separates my lashes while still adding volume, so I am super impressed with this mascara.
3. Jo Malone Fragrance in English Pear and Freesia. I’ve had this deluxe sample size for a while now, but just started reaching for it regularly this month. This is an extremely light and fresh scent, and very different from my preferred rose and white flower scents. I’ve been adding it to my Orange Blossom fragrance to lighten it up. I also wear it alone when I just want a lightly floral and fresh smell. It’s perfect for hot and humid weather because it doesn’t get too cloying in the heat like many other floral fragrances can. If you like floral scents but want something that feels more cool and light, you should check this out.
4. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Spray with SPF 50. I always wear sunscreen, but when I was in LA and NYC this month, I wanted an extra layer of protection. I loved applying this spray because the rosemary that it contained was very cooling and refreshing. This small size was a 100 point Sephora perk, and I loved carrying it with me to reapply throughout the day. This was perfect for hot and sweaty days where a cream SPF would have been a sticky mess. I highly recommend this for applying throughout the day.
5. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Topaz. This is going to be a summer favorite. I just love mixing this into my tinted moisturizer or foundation for an added all-over glow. It’s also great applied to the body on the shoulders or legs to achieve that bronze goddess look. The container is a really generous size and a little goes a long way, so it’s definitely worth the money.
A couple of other favorites were my Metrocard, which got me all around NYC when I was in town last month. I always keep one in my wallet to remind me of my absolute favorite city in the world.
My glasses from See may not have been favorites because I really don’t like wearing glasses, but they got me through the second half of the month, so gotta give credit where it’s due.
Lastly, I bought a 100 pack of post cards from Pantone and each one is a different color. I pulled out the black and denim ones because that’s pretty much what I lived in during July. In fact, for my 8 day trip to NYC, everything I packed was black, white, gray or denim (with the exception of one mint green skirt)!
The postcard set would be such a great gift for anyone that’s into design. I plan to use them to look at different color combinations for a couple of projects that I’m working on. But I’m considering framing some as an easy and inexpensive DIY minimalist art project. You purchase it from Amazon for about $15.
What were your favorites for July?
Shop the post below:
Like what you see?
Like beautyluxelife on Facebook here.
Follow along on Bloglovin’ here.