Happy Sunday! I’ve come down with a summer cold but I have a new video up for you going over some skincare empties. I usually do blog posts on empties, but decided to try a video instead. Let me know what you think!
Here’s all the products that I mentioned and my quick thoughts:
- Glossier Super Pure (shop with me to get 20% off your first purchase + free shipping when you purchase 2 things – www.glossier.com/reps/adia). This is going to be a forever staple in my skincare routine because it fights breakouts and redness but it’s super light. It’s not drying or greasy and it just melts right into my skin. I’ve already gone through 2 or 3 and I just bought another one. **Remember, I am a glossier rep so I do earn a small commission when you shop through my link.
- Pixi Overnight Glow Serum. I liked this more when I first started using it but by the time I finished it, I wasn’t that impressed. I think the Pixi Glow Tonic or The Ordinary Lactic Acid Toner are more effective chemical exfoliators.
- The Ordinary “Buffet”. This is another forever staple. I love how this plumps and primes my skin for other skincare. Will definitely repurchase.
- Avon Anew Vitamin C Brightening Serum.* This works well but I prefer The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F because it’s less sticky.
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factor. It’s a nice basic moisturizer, but I wasn’t crazy about it. Despite it’s low cost (about $9), I won’t be repurchasing. I prefer the Glossier Priming Moisturizer.
- Glossier Priming Moisturize Rich.* This is a nice heavier moisturizer, but I realized that I just prefer a light moisturizer that I can supplement with a serum or oil if necessary. Hate to say it, but I probably won’t be re-upping on this one.
- MAC Strobe Cream. This is such an underrated moisturizer IMHO. It’s your basic moisturizer but with added luminosity. It’s such a great starter to makeup, or for a bare face. Love this and will def repurchase.
- Too Faced Hangover RX Replenishing Face Primer. This is probably my most used primer because it helps makeup glide onto the skin, but it’s not heavy at all. It just sinks right into the skin. Will absolutely repurchase.
- Glossier Invisible Shield SPF 35.* So you guys know that I’m always looking for a good sunscreen, and I think this is the one. Not too matte, not too shiny, and NOT white or chalky at all. It’s bomb. Will definitely repurchase.
I have the video showing up top, but in case you’re having trouble, here’s a link to the video.
Products denoted with an (*) were provided free for review consideration. All opinions are my own. I keep it real!