Better late than never, right? I have a new video on my YouTube channel doing a peach bronze makeup look using my picks for the best makeup of 2017.
Here’s my picks for the best makeup of 2017:
Foundation: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation in 360. I had a hard time choosing the best foundation, but chose Fenty Beauty because it’s super versatile. You can wear it alone for a matte, full coverage foundation. Or you can mix it with a facial oil, liquid luminizer or primer/moisturizer to have a lighter finish. Plus, with all the shades, you’ll definitely get a perfect match.
Concealer: Nars Soft Matte Concealer in Caramel. I just love how this covers and wears nicely all day.
* Other concealer favorites: ColourPop Cosmetics No Filter Concealer (review here) & Estee Lauder Perfectionist Serum and Concealer (review here. Also, I’ve been using the concealer as a quick foundation lately and I love how creamy it is.)
Powder: YSL Souffle D’Eclat Finishing Veil in No 4. The color and lightweight texture is amazing. It’s expensive, but worth it.
* Other powder favorites: Glossier Wowder in Deep (tutorial here). This powder is slightly too dark for me to use under my eyes right now, but I love this to lightly set my face because it really blurs and smooths the pores.
Blush and Contour: Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Sinamon and Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Truffle. The Match Stix is the only think I use for contour. It blends so easily and looks natural. I picked these because I love cream products and the fact that they’re multi-use makes me love them even more.
* Other blush favorites: I really like the Lancome Cushion Blush (mentioned in this post) because it gives a natural finish with just enough sheen.
Highlight: Pinch of Colour Honey Balm and Jouer Highlighter in Skinny Dip. So this was probably the hardest category because I love highlighter and I feel like it really depends on what you’re looking for. You can go for the natural look or the super blinding look and everything in between. I think these two pretty much cover whatever you want because the Honey Balm is super natural and then you can layer on the Jouer highlight for something more intense.
* Other highlighter favorites: Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder Trio, Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit (mentioned in this post)
Eyeshadow: Colourpop Cosmetics I Think I Love You Palette and Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coat in Peach
* Other eyeshadow picks: NARS Shadow Sticks (mentioned in this post) and Persona Cosmetics Identity Palette (review and swatches coming soon).
Lips: Noyah Cosmetics Lipgloss in Melted Mocha
* Other lipstick and lip gloss favorites: MAC Liptensity lipsticks, Urban Decay lipsticks and NARS Audacious Lipsticks (especially the shade Linda featured in this post).
I have the video showing up top, but in case you’re having trouble, here’s a link to the video.
Hope you guys liked this roundup of the best makeup of 2017, also please share this post on Facebook and Pinterest!