NARS Spring 2017 | My Picks + First Impressions
I filmed a quick first impressions video of the new NARS Spring 2017 releases. NARS is definitely one of my favorite makeup lines, and I LOVE their bases and concealers (see some swatches in this post). But honestly, I haven’t been excited about a NARS collection in a minute.
That all changed when I saw a quick video on Karen’s Instagram (I guest posted over on her blog last year and she gets all the good stuff). All the of the rich orange and rust shades plus the pops of blue and purple were soo pretty. The collection gives me all the desert vibes and it’s so pretty and unexpected this time of year.
Here’s a list of everything that’s part of the NARS Spring 2017 Collection (aptly called “Wildfire”):
- Duo Eyeshadow in Chiang Mai (shimmering sea blue & copper) and Thessalonique (iridescent seashell pink & iridescent violet smoke)
- Semi-Matte Lipstick in Breaking Free (neon coral)
- Satin Lipstick in Kiss Me Stupid (burnt sienna)
- Velvet Shadow Stick in Usbek (vivid purple), Belle Ile (shimmering mandarin orange), Grande-Large (metallic sky blue) and Siros (bronze)
- Blush in Bumpy Ride (shimmering candy pink)
- Lip Gloss in Aragon (red chestnut) and Asphalt Jungle (shimmering sangria)
In addition to picking up the Velvet Shadow Sticks and some lip products, I grabbed the Soft Matte Concealer too.
Here’s a closer look at the Velvet Shadow Sticks:
I really like the formula of the Velvet Shadow Sticks. They’re super smooth and pigmented and they really stay put. Can’t wait to use these 🙂
And then I got both lip glosses and a lipstick because I’m a sucker for these warm rusty shades.
I’m proud to report that I resisted the urge to buy the eyeshadow duos and the blush. The Chiang Mai eyeshadow duo is actually super pretty in person, but I do have some self-control.
And, of course, here are swatches of my picks from the NARS Spring 2017 Collection:
I think all of the colors are super pretty and very flattering on lots of skin tones. I haven’t had the change to play around with the concealer much, but I will definitely report back.I have the video showing up top, but in case you’re having trouble, here’s a link to the video.
Let me know if you picked up anything from the new collection, or if you’re planning to!