Here’s Part 2 of last week’s Empties post featuring the natural hair and body products that I’ve been using lately. I haven’t featured much about hair on the blog, but since I’ve been trying to get better at styling my natural hair, you’ll probably see more in the future!
1. Miss Jessie’s Quick Curls. This is a lightweight styling cream that lightly defines your curls and dries quickly. If you’ve ever dealt with leaving your house with wet hair and having it still wet by the time you got home at the end of the day, this is for you. I personally need something with a bit more hold, but if you have finer hair or if your curls are naturally pretty defined, this may be perfect for you. I tried Miss Jessie’s Jelly Soft Curls recently, and love it so far.
2. Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. Lately, Shea Moisture has expanded into a ton of different product lines, and honestly I can’t tell the difference. This is a very moisturizing deep conditioner that has shea butter, sea kelp and argan oil. This helped make my hair feel softer, so it’s worth trying if you’re in need of a deep conditioner.
3. L’Occitane Jenipapo Shower Oil. As the weather cools down, my skin starts to get really dry, so I’ll definitely be repurchasing this shower oil. It adds moisture but it doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy. I definitely recommend this.
4. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Styling Gel. I have mixed feelings about this gel. I love the liquid-y consistency because it’s easy to spread through my hair. I also like that it doesn’t leave my hair feeling really hard and crunchy, as many gels can. But I don’t like that it can flake, which is especially problematic if I’m wearing black. I probably won’t repurchase this even though it’s not a bad product.
5. Curls Unleased Curl Defining Creme. This is a very thick curl cream that does a good job of moisturizing the hair, but I wish it had better hold. I probably won’t repurchase this product either.
6. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter. I used to carry this little moisturizer in my purse and I like that it’s very rich but not greasy. There’s a strong apricot fragrance that isn’t too sweet, but is definitely noticeable. If the scent isn’t an issue for you, I’d recommend this because it’s so moisturizing but not too heavy.
7. Oyin Handmade Shine & Define Styling Serum. Hands down this is the best product of the bunch. I love this cream and it is the best thing that I’ve used to achieve my twist outs in months. This is moisturizing and adds a great shine to the hair. Plus it smells really good. I will definitely be repurchasing!
What hair and body products have you tried lately? Leave me a note in the comments!
Shop more hair and body products below: